EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE: 2015 GOALS

15:12 denisecastillo 0 Comments



The first month of the year is already nearing to its end, and it’s just lately that I’ve come up with concrete and long-term goals for this year. I really thought about what I wanted and what I needed to accomplish this year, and I realized that my goals are far from the cliché and usual goals that I had the past years which did not really feed my inner needs. Basically, 2014 was about self-discovery and healing and I felt that I had a successful year so why not continue these great things this year and in the years to come? I’m not getting any younger and I’m a few months away from facing a career and an independent life, so I wanted to fulfill something that is long term and something that is going to challenge me as an individual.

Don’t get me wrong here, I did not make IMPOSSIBLE life goals! If you’re familiar with the famous Audrey Hepburn quote “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I AM POSSIBLE”, that is one of my life mottos/mantras – to make everything possible and believe that I can achieve what I want if I work hard for it because not everything is served to us on a silver platter.

1.   RELAX, NO PRESSURE– I have this tendency of pushing myself too hard when it comes to doing something for work/school. I always get so stressed out even with the simplest things and end up not enjoying what I’m doing and also end up exhausted and drained. I just want to take things light headedly without any pressure and give myself a break from time to time.

2.    LIFE LESS COMPLICATED – Why complicate life if I can make it simpler? I’m so tired of complicating things/problems that can simply be solved, and overthinking things. I always thought about why children are so happy it’s because they don’t complicate things. I want to simplify things externally and internally, it’s like going back to basics – live simply, live healthier, live happier.

3.     PURSUE WHAT YOU LOVE – This year, I want to take a career that would hone my skills as an artist. Aside from being a theatre performer, I also love designing and doing creative work thus I’d rather get a career where I will improve my skills and be happy rather than earn bucks and yet I feel no content with my job.

4.    NO EXCUSES AND LEARN NEW THINGS – I will stop hindering and limiting myself from learning new things and taking opportunities because I always have this excuse that “I can’t”. Rather, I will open up myself to new things because I know “I can” and nothing is impossible if “I try”.


POSSIBLE is my word for 2015 and I’m going to make this year a better one! What are your goals this year? 

The first month of the year is already nearing to its end, and it’s just lately that I’ve come up with concrete and long-term goals f...

0 comments: