Life in Grid [Vol. 2]: The Funeral and an Experimental Film

16:28 denisecastillo 0 Comments

Basically I have not made any blog posts since.. I don't know, a week ago? As always, I have been busy with school, thesis, law readings and unfortunately just 2 weeks ago my grandfather passed away. I've got to stay away from the internet world for a while and be one with my family and relatives. It was an emotional week full of learning, love, realization, and gratefulness:

  • I do not know how to handle deaths until my grandfather's passing. I had to be strong for my family especially for my mother, grandmother and my aunts and uncle.
  • Thus, I had to be emotionally sane and I had to keep them smiling. I tried to be their sunshine and I was successful. 
  • You have to let the ones you love feel or know how important they are to you and how much they mean to you.
  • We all just have to move forward.
  • There are so many people who care even if you're a complete and total stranger. 
I had this incredible encounter with a stranger a night before my grandfather's burial:
It was a tough night on my way home from UST: the university is flooded, my friends and I had to walk from UST to Quiapo to get a ride, we're all soaking wet and once I got to the terminal it was the last van ride to Southmall. (I did not know what to do since I don't ride the bus and I have to be at the funeral house as early as possible) Until a kind guy my age approached me and genuinely told me to get his seat instead and he'll just ride the bus. I felt so grateful and awed for his kindness, I couldn't have gotten home at once. 

That week was honestly a big obstacle for me - but at the same time I was happy that the whole family was together and other relatives were with us during the dark times. 

A week after, my group had an experimental film shoot about a child's hyperactive imagination. Basically that week was (and up until this week):

  • Eating red velvet cakes
  • Sending out surveys to people
  • Doing a lot more crap for school
  • Trying out cafe Americano and regretting of even buying such coffee drink
  • More dates with my bestfriend/sister
  • Depriving myself of sleep
  • Watching American Horror Story: Freakshow and The Walking Dead 5
  • Graduation pictorial (photos to be posted soon)
 I'm enjoying life right now to be honest, I'm happy and I couldn't be any more inspired right now. I hope you guys have a great weekend!

Basically I have not made any blog posts since.. I don't know, a week ago? As always, I have been busy with school, thesis, law readi...

0 comments: