2 Decades of Life's Journey

17:49 denisecastillo 0 Comments


Hello! So I'm finally back in the blogging scene after almost a month long of hiatus and silence. My reasons and excuses are too cliche and would bore you to death. But I have to be honest that I lacked inspiration and motivation to blog for a while because my life the past few weeks has been in a boring "home-university life-home" routine, and I don't want to force myself into posting something that is not worth sharing at all and of course I don't want to post something that is of mediocre content. 

Anyway, this would be my first blog post for this month. 3 weeks ago I celebrated my 20th birthday and two things came into my mind before stepping into another milestone in my life: a) "Damn, I'm getting old. 2 decades of earthly existence?!" and b) "I'm so glad I'd be celebrating this special day with the people whom I love the most." True enough, I had a two-part celebration first with my friends and second was with my family. 

20 years, is too short to say that I've made it and that I've gone through a lot in life. But I guess in the span of 20 years, I can say that I have learned a lot and will still learn more than what I've had. I know "(x) Years Life Lessons" posts are too mainstream in the blogsphere, but who cares? I've got to share 10 amazing things to you guys.

  1. Discernment overrules trust
  2. The real world's going to hit you so hard like a bus, but you'll recover and get yourself together in time.
  3. Don't be afraid to try things out, as for me I'm getting myself out there to audition in musicals however...
  4. you can't have everything thus, you have to accept rejections and failures because better things are waiting for you.
  5. Forgiveness lessens all the baggage and negativity in your life.
  6. You don't need to have so many "friends" in your life, sometimes the ones who stay true to you maybe counted with your 10 fingers but they'll sure make your life amazing.
  7. Being a real life Regina George is not healthy, it's toxic and it can ruin relationships. 
  8. Don't let heartbreak change who you are. 
  9. Always reward yourself with something worth having after a stressful week/term/semester (read a good book, watch a movie, drink coffee)
  10. In times of trouble and downfall, God's the best 911 call ever.
Yes, 20 years and counting! I can't wait for many more life plot twists and surprises!

Hello! So I'm finally back in the blogging scene after almost a month long of hiatus and silence. My reasons and excuses are too ...

0 comments: