Beauty Review: Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless Foundation & Revlon Matte Balm

16:04 denisecastillo 1 Comments

3 weeks ago, my best friends and I went on a makeup shopping spree in preparation for our coming graduation ceremony on the 27th.  As for me, I decided to buy my own makeup because of our 7am call time on the graduation day itself and hiring a makeup artist would be such a great hassle that day because of a very early call time. 
*Product reviews below the cut*

Price: P925.00
I only needed to buy a concealer and a high coverage foundation because the foundation that I have does not have a good coverage and I know that it would just run and cake all over my face because of summer heat. So I searched the internet for best drugstore concealers and foundations and I came across the Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless Foundation. What I love about this is that it’s a concealer and foundation in one thus, I don’t have to spend for a separate concealer product. Also, it has SPF 22 which help in protecting my skin from the violent UV rays.

Honestly, I was not a fan of cream based foundation (because the first one that I tried out was so heavy on my face and I had a breakout on the course of using Pinkies) until I used this Covergirl foundation. It has a very high coverage and it blends well on my skin. I have been using this for weeks now, and I have used this on long days (like our Baccalaureate Mass where I was soaked under the sun for almost 2-3 hours) and I must say I do not need to have so many retouches – I only had to dab a powder on the shiny areas of my face and it does not cake at the same time.

Another thing that I always look for in a foundation is that I want it to look as natural on my face as possible - I don't want it to look so matte and flat on my face. At first application, I thought that this foundation would look matte all throughout but after an hour or so, it blended on my face. 

Price: P575.00
I was not planning to buy a lip product, however I was in search of a taupe shade lippie and I've looked for different brands, I was not able to see the perfect taupe like MAC's shade. Luckily, I found this matte color balm from Revlon - it doesn't go with a brown shade like what I was looking for, it looks more on the plum side but I'm happy with the color.

It's highly pigmented and upon application you get a generous amount of color on my lips. What I love about this is that it doesn't dry my lips out because of it being a balm plus, there is a cool minty sensation after application which make my lips feel fresh. Another thing is that it stays on my lips for a very long time even after eating or drinking glasses of water; sometimes I only need to reapply once.

This is by far the best lip product that I have purchased and used which is worth it's price! I'm planning to buy different shades soon, and I'll try making a color swatch blog post. 

This is me during our Baccalaureate Mass last Friday, soaked under the sun from 3:30pm - 6pm

This was around 8pm, I guess? I've only done 2-3 retouches of powder due to sweat and heat.

P.S.: I'm so happy that I'll be graduating in a week! I'm kind of stressed out because of job junting but nonetheless, I"m feeling so ecstatic since last week! <3

Have a great week loves and stay golden! <3

3 weeks ago, my best friends and I went on a makeup shopping spree in preparation for our coming graduation ceremony on the 27 th .  As f...

1 comment:

  1. Aww you're graduating soon! Congratulation in advance!

    P.S. I miss my Alma Mater!

    ReplyDelete